Pelvic Pain & Dysfunction
Physical therapy helps pelvic problems in men & women.
Metro Physical Therapy has a comprehensive Women's Health and Pelvic Pain Center. Sherrie Glasser, Co-Director and Owner of Metro Physical Therapy has been practicing in pelvic floor PT for over 30 years. Dawn Chimento, PT, MA, CAMT is the Co-Director of the Women's Health/Pelvic Pain Center. Dawn has been a physical therapist for over 17 years practicing in the areas of manual orthopedics, pediatrics, vestibular rehab, and pelvic health. She completed her certification in advanced manipulative therapy in 2011 and had received a BS in physical therapy followed by an Advanced Masters in Physical Therapy from New York University, graduating magna cum laude.
We take an extensive comprehensive approach to evaluating pelvic floor dysfunction including a full history, orthopedic, neurological, myofascial, soft tissue, trigger point and a full pelvic floor examination. This ensures the diligence and high quality of care we provide to our patients.
What to expect on your first visit?
- Warm greetings when you walk in
- Clean private treatment rooms
- Your modesty is our priority during all treatments
- Thorough evaluation with a Pelvic Floor Therapist
- Explanation of your diagnosis
- We pride ourselves on individualized care during all treatments
Areas Of Expertise:
- Women's and Men's Pelvic Health
- Pelvic manipulation, SIJ Dysfunction
- Pelvic Floor Muscle Dysfunction
- Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- Painful Bladder Syndrome/Interstitial Cystitis
- Urinary and Fecal Incontinence
- Premature Ejaculation, Erectile Dysfunction
- Vaginismus, Vulvodynia
- Pudendal Neuralgia
- Dysmenorrhea (Painful Menstruation)
- Pregnancy and Post Partum Care**
Advanced Skills providing superior care:
- Advanced Manual Techniques
- Advanced Myofasical Release
- Advanced Muscle Energy Techniques
- Advanced Visceral Mobilization (Bladder, Abdominal)
- Integrative Manual Techniques
- Nerve Gliding, Skin Rolling
- Therapeutic Abdominal Massage
- Lumbar & Sacral Stabilization
- Positional Releases
- Advanced Breathing Disorders and Treatment
- Craniosacral Therapy and TMJ Disorders
- Biofeedback and sEMG
- Electrical Stimulation
- Scar Releases – Post Surgical/C-section/Scope Procedure
Call the METRO Physical & Aquatic Therapy center nearest you today to set up an appointment. We welcome and appreciate your referrals.
[ Back to Services ]