Join our Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy Team
Metro Physical & Aquatic Therapy is the #1 choice for rehabilitative services on Long Island.
Founded over 40 years ago, Metro has been exceeding the physical and occupational therapy needs
of Long Island residents. Metro is a multi-disciplinary practice with (14) locations equipped with state of
the art fitness equipment and modalities, allowing the highly trained staff every luxury to treat.
Metro has an immediate opening for a full-time Outpatient Women’s Health Pelvic Floor Physical
Therapist to join our practice. We are seeking someone who is consistently professional, a team
player and driven to provide an elite level of care while demonstrating empathy and respect towards
You’ll join a pelvic floor program that is part of a large outpatient rehabilitation clinic with a diverse
set of patients. Our clinic accepts most insurances so you get to see a wonderful range of patients in
the realm of sexual dysfunction, incontinence, pelvic pain, pre and post-partum, pre and post urologic
surgery, DRA, GCS, bowel dysfunction and more. All of our treatments are one-on-one for (45)
minutes, and (1) hour evaluations in accordance with Metro’s commitment to excellence and quality
- Professional, supportive and fun work environment fostered by a team of well-respected and well-liked clinicians who take pride in the challenges of meaningful work
- A highly competitive industry salary and strong benefits package
- $1,500 in CEU reimbursement plus unlimited online CEUs through our partnership
- with MedBridge Education
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement.
- Innovative specialties with cutting-edge training and development.
- Outstanding Work Culture
- Mentorship Programs
- Responsible for patient caseload consisting of but not limited to pre-natal and post-partum diagnoses, pelvic pain, urinary incontinence, colorectal conditions/chronic constipation, pelvic pain, pelvic organ prolapse, and diastasis recti management.
- Focuses on the prevention and treatment of functional disorders of the abdominal, pelvic and low back region.
- Uses clinical skills to care for the patients according to age, diagnosis and any resulting associated limitation.
- Provides high quality patient treatment including evaluation, treatment planning and implementation, patient/family education and instruction, provision of safety procedures, and communication with those indicated given the patient. ( ie patient, family, physician, and other hospital associates, etc.)
- Operates equipment related to patient care including electrical stimulation units. Directs and aids the patient in mobility and strengthening exercises, muscle re-education, and functional training.
- Documents patient care following requirements defined by Metro policies and procedures.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement process as it relates to patient care, including but not exclusive to evaluation and peer review of patient care quality.
- Passion for Women's and Men's Pelvic Health
- Minimum 1-2 years in Pelvic Floor rehabilitation and 2 years’ experience in outpatient setting
- Women's Health Certification is a plus. Minimum Pelvic Floor 1 through APTA or Herman & Wallace, but willing to train the right candidate.
- NY Licensed Physical Therapist
- Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to use an EMR system for documentation.
- Strong Manual Skills a MUST - 1 year experience
- Education Level: Masters or DPT
Our Competitive Benefits Include:
- Salary is based on Experience
- Part-time and Full-Time positions available
- Vacation & Paid Time Off Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings
- Health Insurance/Dental/Vision
- Flexible Spending
- Free Life Insurance
- Free Fitness Membership to our Wellness Center in Garden City.
Metro offers a diverse and creative place to grow, learn, and contribute. If you are interested in joining
a passionate and dedicated professional community, please review our open positions and send
resumes to Metro Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Appointments in 24 hours
One hour of 1-on-1 time every sessions
No Prescription needed to start