Metro’s Pelvic Floor Therapy Team is here to help new & expecting moms!
Childbirth can take a toll on a mother’s body and without proper treatment and care, both before and after childbirth, can result in pain and discomfort for life. A Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist can help treat problems like prolapse, bladder pain, constipation, painful sex, urinary leakage, back pain, diastasis recti, and so many other symptoms.
- 9 Million Women report having pelvic pain
- 29% of women undergoing vaginal deliveries had pubic bone fractures
- 60% of postpartum women reported Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI)
- 64.3% of women reported sexual dysfunction in the first year following childbirth
- 77% of women had low back pain that interfered with daily tasks
- 64% of pregnant women experience incontinence of urine