The care you need to ensure a full recovery.
After surgery, you need attentive, effective physical therapy to relieve pain and reduce recovery time.
At METRO Physical & Aquatic Therapy, we treat patients before and after orthopedic surgeries such as hip and knee joint replacement, arthroscopy or repair of broken bones. The purpose of pre- and postoperative rehabilitation is to provide a rapid recovery utilizing the best possible treatment programs. Our therapists maintain close communication with your physician in order to fully understand the scope of your needs.
During your pre-op visit, our therapists will explain what the postoperative exercises will be like. Exercising as soon as possible ensures joint mobility and enhances strengthening. Postoperative care should begin as soon as you return home. Types of care we offer include:
- Range of motion exercises to keep joints mobile.
- Strengthening exercises.
- Movements in & out of bed & onto different types of chairs.
- Gait training, including stairs & curbs.
- Self-care techniques for bathing, dressing & more.
- Community access, including learning how to negotiate elevators.
- Getting in & out of cars.
- Home care - We'll come to you.
- Home exercise program.
At METRO Physical & Aquatic Therapy, our goal is to help you recover as much of your preoperative capabilities as possible. We tailor recovery programs to fit each patient's unique abilities and needs. Call our office nearest you to schedule your convenient appointment today. We encourage and appreciate your referrals.